Gates, Hudson & Associates, Inc. Rental Application Requirements and Disclosures
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, handicap or any other state or local protected class status.
1. Applicant hereby tenders, in addition to all other deposits and fees described below, a NON-REFUNDABLE application fee.
2. Applicant agrees to rent the apartment and hereby tenders payment in the amount of $200.00 as a reservation fee to be applied towards rent. Unless this application is withdrawn by the applicant, in writing, by the close of the next business day, Landlord shall be entitled to off set its claims for lost rent against the reservation fee and applicant may be additionally liable for up to one month's rent.
3. Applicant agrees to remit a deposit (if applicable based on the consumer credit report, and any other information Landlord deems necessary, for the purpose of evaluating the application) to be applied as a security deposit and/or to be applied to any actual expenses and damages suffered by Gates, Hudson & Associates, Inc., and/or its principal, due by reason of Applicant’s failure or refusal to pay rent for the subject apartment.
APPLICANT MUST SIGN A LEASE WITHIN FIVE (5) DAYS OF NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE OR MOVE-IN, WHICHEVER OCCURS FIRST. If the scheduled move-in date is two weeks or less from the Date of Application, all deposits and payments must be in the form of certified funds.
If the Landlord requires from Applicant any fees other than a security deposit as defined by Section 8-213(a) of the Real Property Article of the Annotated Code of Maryland, and these fees exceed Twenty Five Dollars ($25.00), then the Landlord shall return the fees, subject to the exceptions below, or be liable for twice the amount of the fees in damages. The return shall be made not later than fifteen (15) days following the date of occupancy or the written communication by either party to the other of a decision that no tenancy shall occur.
The Landlord shall retain only that portion of these fees actually expended for a credit check or other expenses arising out of the application, and shall return that portion of the fees not actually expended on behalf of the Tenant making application.
If, within fifteen (15) days of the first to occur of occupancy or signing a lease, Applicant decides to terminate the tenancy, the Landlord may also retain that portion of the fees which represents the loss of rent, if any, resulting from Applicant’s actions.
4. Applicant agrees to tender upon move-in date, in addition to all other deposits and fees, a non-refundable move-in fee.
5. This Application is taken subject to approval of Gates, Hudson & Associates, Inc., and/or its principal. If this Application is not approved, the any deposit(s)/fee(s), with the exception of the application fee, shall be refunded to Applicant(s) without liability on the part of Gates, Hudson & Associates, Inc., and/or its principal.
6. If it is determined that any information provided on this Application is false, any Lease Agreement entered into in reliance on this Application may, at the option of Gates, Hudson & Associates, Inc., and/or its principal, be terminated at any time.
7. Applicant agrees to notify Gates, Hudson & Associates, Inc., and/or its principal, of any material change in the information provided on this Application.
8. Applicant authorizes Gates, Hudson & Associates, Inc., and/or its principal, and any credit bureau or other investigative agency acting on their behalf, to investigate and verify the information provided on this Application at any time in connection with this Lease Agreement.
9. Applicant and Co-Applicant agree to be jointly and severally liable for all obligations contained in this Application and the Lease Agreement.
10. Applicant is hereby advised that a Tenant has the right to be present when the Landlord or his agent inspects the premises in order to determine if any damage was done to the premises, if the Tenant notifies the Landlord by certified mail of his intention to move, the date of moving, and his new address. The notice of Tenant’s intention to be present for the inspection shall be furnished by the Tenant to the Landlord and mailed at least 15 days prior to the date of moving. Upon receipt of the notice, the Landlord shall notify the Tenant by certified mail of the time and date when the premises are to be inspected. The date of inspection shall occur within five (5) days after or five (5) days before the date of moving as designated in the Tenant’s notice.
An approved third party reporting agency will secure a credit report and conduct a criminal background investigation.
Applicants without SSN must:
1) Provide documentation of their Immigrant status, which is a permanent visa for someone that has been given the right to live in the US.
2) Provide documentation of their Nonimmigrant Visa, which is a temporary visa, such as a student, tourist, diplomat, or businessperson.